Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Answer the challenge!

Here's the post that started it all:

Hey Dylboz, I have a challenge for you: You're so sure that homeopathy is ineffective, are you? Let's try a scientific experiment. Homeopathic theory says that the medicine that cures a symptom in a sick person will cause the symptom in a healthy person. You deny this, correct? You should also know that according to homeopathic theory, the more dilute the medicine, the more powerful it is. You deny this as well, correct? So let's get some very dilute homeopathic medicine. Maybe something used to treat skin disorders. You'll take one dose a day, and then after three months of this you'll come down to Murphy's Tap Room to show us how it's had no effect on you and I'll be publicly humiliated. Wouldn't that be fun? And as you claim, harmless. What do you say?


So, I am going to go for it! 3 months of overly expensive water to prove this guy utterly, completely, irrevocably WRONG!?! An offer I simply cannot pass up. I only wait for the pitiful mutterings explaining why I did it wrong, how I must have lied, or how I actually had the conditions but the homeopathy really cured them! In terms of what conditions I'm going to "cause," I decided to pick something like baldness, warts, and facial acne. These are things that are pretty obvious, both that I don't have them now, and when nothing happens, it'll be pretty obvious that, well, NOTHING HAPPENED. We'll have to see what the store has to offer.

PS - I may have some pals join in the fun, so look for their posts and pictures and videos too. Enjoy!

1 comment:

mackler said...

Just for the record, what I recommended is sulphur, not hepar sulphuris, which is a different remedy. I don't know what that link to elixer.com is. It didn't come from me.

And, just for the record, when I say "recommended," I mean for the purposes of this experiment. If I were recommending a remedy for existing symptoms, I would be looking for something prescribed for anger management.

The foregoing notwithstanding, I'm very interested in the outcome of your efforts. Make sure you take some "before" pictures and record any pre-existing symptoms so that we don't accidentally attribute them to the remedy.