Thursday, June 19, 2008

Waiting...

Still haven't recieved my sugar pills, er Homeopathic medicine, but while checking on the shippment at Amazon, I cam across this book: Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast: The Evolutionary Origins of Belief. It promises to go into why anyone would believe something as silly as Homeopathy, and how it may incur, counter-intuitively, some evolutionary benefit to be, well, superstitious. I'm looking forward to reading it, and with the way things are going, I'll likely get it before the placebos, I mean, 200C Sulfur tablets, get here.

Also, I'm gonna jazz up the ol' Mac with the camera on it, so's I can get better pictures of me swallowing the pills every day, once they finally arrive. I'll be upgrading to the new, snazzy, Leopard version of OS X (that's pronounced "ten," not "ecks," folks). I think it is pretty cool that I am getting a solid 7 years out of a Mac, not many HPs, Dells or Campaqs can do that. I may even get a dual processor daughter card to wring another couple years out of my Mac. Hell, my old beige G3, purchased October 1998, was running OS X v10.3 well into 2003 before the motherboard crapped out. What can I say, I love me some Apple computer products!

1 comment:

NJLiberty said...

Seven years? I still have my Commodore 64 which I fire up from time to time. It is 23 years old now!